There is no “proof” that something works like the results others have achieved using the Baldrige Excellence Framework.
See an example of the results from Montgomery County, Maryland schools achieved using the Baldrige Framework.
The Baldrige Excellence Framework is a set of inter-related questions across seven categories:
2. Strategic Planning
3. Customer Focus
4. Measurement, Analysis and Knowledge Management
5. Workforce Focus
6. Operations Focus
Answering these questions leads organizations on a journey of continuous improvement. Continuous improvement results in:
· Increased efficiency (cost savings – more satisfied taxpayers/tuition payers);
· Increased effectiveness (accomplishing better outcomes with more satisfied students and parents);
· Increased willingness of taxpayers/tuition payers to support higher education funding levels;
· A more engaged workforce (teachers and other staff who love their work and their work environment);
· Innovation and agility that allow the entire school system to flex and change rather than rupture;
· Leadership (school boards, superintendents, principals) who take great satisfaction in jobs well done; and
· Favorable comparisons against other school systems recognized for excellence.
For further information and consultation to aid your journey to Performance Excellence, contact us by using the contact button at the top of the page or call 859-281-1171 or 502-608-2061.
When former Kentucky Commissioner of Education,
Dr. Terry Holliday was Superintendent at
North Carolina (a Baldrige National Quality Award winner), he had this to say about the Criteria:
“Baldrige (offers) the only education Criteria that actually (enable a school system) to compare itself against other organizations . . . that show you what world-class looks like.”